Can't fix VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Send your request for drivers, firmware, bios and utilities.
archi

Can't fix VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Post by archi »

Hello!

I have HP Pavilion 17-ab301nf laptop computer. And I have a Blue screen of death with next message: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.
I've looked at a number of forums and solutions, all of which talk about uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics card driver (an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 in my case).
I have done this several times, first by letting Windows look for the new driver, then by doing it "manually" via the NVIDIA site. It did not solve my problem, the error always occurs completely randomly (no apparent link to the use of the computer, it happens most of the time when I only do simple actions like 2-3 tabs opened on Edge or word processor).
My warranty expired less than a year ago, but the problem was occurring less frequently before. So I did a complete reset, with reinstallation of Windows, but the first problem that arose after that, well it's this famous VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR. I think this is related, but I have also recently had DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occurring, often on restart after the first error.
If someone has a solution for me I would be very grateful to them, it is really annoying as a concern, especially when you are bent on trying to solve it.
Thanks in advance !
roza

Post by roza »

Hello!

What OS do you have installed? Win 10, x64 bit?
archi

Post by archi »

Hello!

Yes, I have Win 10 x64 bit.
roza

Post by roza »

Try to reinstall drivers from this link (Nvidia Official).

Code: Select all

Version:22.21.13.8205 Rev.E
Operating systems:Windows 10 (64-bit)
Release date:May 25, 2017
File name:sp80537.exe(523.9 MB)
Source:
https://support.hp.com/hr-en/drivers/se ... l/13810036
archi

Post by archi »

Thanks a lot, roza!