Unrecognized graphics card (GTX 1050)

Send your request for drivers, firmware, bios and utilities.
mauris

Unrecognized graphics card (GTX 1050)

Post by mauris »

Hello!

First of all, before coming to ask for your help, I looked everywhere for a solution to my problem, but I don't really know where my problem comes from, which complicates things quite a bit.

I give you my config if it can be useful:
- Legion Y530 (laptop)
- Windows 10 Home 64 bits (up to date)
- Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~ 2.2GHz
- 16GB of RAM
- BIOS: 8JCN53WW
- Chipset: Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630
- GC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

For the quick context, the computer was on, open, a screw hit the motherboard on one side, the computer was instantly cut off (insult me, I deserve it). By wanting to turn it back on, nothing happened, the charger LED turned off while it was plugged in. I disconnect the battery, reconnect, the computer turns on again, hallelujah.
False hope, the computer boots in a loop, launches the Windows help interface every 3 boots, but nothing works (neither the system restore, nor the recovery of the system image etc).

No choice, I reinstall Windows with a USB boot, everything works, I update Windows, everything installs, I update the drivers, everything works except the graphics card.

Every time I do something GC related, I get a wonderful BSOD with a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error followed by "Failed Items: nvlddmkm.sys". I tried to solve the problem starting from this error but nothing convincing again.

I noticed that when reinstalling Windows, the graphics card is well recognized by the computer and is present in the device manager, but from the moment I try to update the driver from the GC, disabling the card or whatever the pc crashes and the CG is not visible anywhere afterwards.

When the GC is present in the device manager and I click on it, I have a wonderful "Windows has stopped this device because it is having problems. (Code 43)", and of course, cannot solve the problem by starting from that also.

I have been on the problem since yesterday morning, I reinstalled my Windows 3 times after trying dozens of bogus solutions, so in my desperation I come to ask you if by some miracle you would have a solution.

Thanks!
roza

Post by roza »

Hello!

Do you have some laptop's recovery DVD/HDD option included?
mauris

Post by mauris »

Yes, I have recovery mode. I will try to use it today.
roza

Post by roza »

Thanks. Let us know about results.