HP DeskJet 3735 - Driver unavailable (Win 10 x64)

Send your request for drivers, firmware, bios and utilities.
Mark

HP DeskJet 3735 - Driver unavailable (Win 10 x64)

Post by Mark »

Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 x64 bit and I plan to immolate my Deskjet 3735 printer in front of the HP headquarters.

Everything worked fine no worries, I haven't used it for two months and now nothing is going well.

It is therefore a cheeky little printer connected via Wi-Fi. It is on my local network no problem, visible from my PC.
In Windows settings I therefore have "Driver unavailable" displayed under the name of my printer even when trying to remove / add it.

So I calmly tried to install the driver via their nice official site (https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/drivers/se ... l/17683221)

Well, we are faced with a range of shitware, so I calmly decided to use the "Driver", version 40.12. This small executable quickly detects my printer and informs me with full confidence that my driver is up to date. OK cool.

Back to square one, direction one of the shitwares on the page.
So I tried the whole range:
- "Utility Software": It's HP Smart, detects my printer, the ink level and can even print all the test pages! Great ! But, obviously there is a but, it cannot print "text" or "photo", two options of the rotten software that I could have used but the software encounters an error. My God. I want to cry and vomit.
- The "firmware", the other "utility software", the "e-print software": Weird that Windows Defender did not react. Again it detects my glorious printer in less than two but to "install" they need an account creation, the postal code of my printer and my mother's name, each time via a different integrated web interface and icing on the cake, the interfaces are buggy, GUI coded with the ass (dirty integrations of IE, text in Polish and so on), to collect my personal info as soon as possible no worries but there is always a moment in the process where it goes wrong. Anyway, no doubt it wouldn't have solved my problem.

Here I am. Friday May 29, 2020, Space X sent two human beings to the ISS and I cannot install the driver for my printer on Win 10.
It’s a lot of thinking about this kind of experience.

The problem is either on the driver side but it would be rather surprising I imagine. Either on the Windows side which for x or y reason does not find the driver.

In short, if you have any idea that could help me, please do not hesitate to share it with me. Failing that, pray for me.

Thank you !

EDIT: FYI I already tried to uninstall everything that contained "HP" in the name via IOBit Uninstaller and do a clean reinstall of the driver, without success.
roza

Post by roza »

Hello!

Did you try to uninstall drivers/software completely?

Regards, Roza.