Ethernet-USB Adapter Error Code 10

Send your request for drivers, firmware, bios and utilities.
zina

Ethernet-USB Adapter Error Code 10

Post by zina »

Good morning all,

I bought an Asus VivoBook S14 running Windows 10 for my studies and found that I did not have an ethernet output. So I bought a 10/100 usb Ethernet adapter.

Its reference in Device Manager is ASIX AX88772A USB2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adaptater. My PC recognizes the adapter well but it refuses to start with a Code 10 "This device cannot start" error and I have tried all the usb ports on my PC.

By doing research, I understood that this is because the drivers are not up to date except that when I update the device, a message pops up telling me that the best version the driver is already installed ..
I did a search with Windows Update which did not succeed, ditto for the manual driver installation ...
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the device, I have searched different forums to find a solution and I even tried on another PC but nothing helps ...

I am desperate and I think the problem is with the adapter, I am about to contact the after-sales service to have it replaced.
I hope someone can help me out, thank you in advance for your time!

PS: Please be precise in your explanations since I have limited computer knowledge and I want to save time by not making you explain things again.
roza

Post by roza »

Hello!

You can use this driver which is made for this accessory, mounted on USB2:
https://drivers.plus/fr/asix-ax88772a-u ... bit/49842/

It is also necessary to follow the recommendations according to points 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 etc. which consist in performing a manual installation ...

Download file here:
https://drivers.plus/fr/asix-ax88772a-u ... bit/49842/

It is better to uninstall the previous one ...
restart the PC ...
install the new one ...
then restart the PC again.

Limited knowledge does not go hand in hand in solving situations that are not always simple ...
But it is possible to remedy this with a little reading on these subjects.
zina

Post by zina »

Roza, thanks!
Now it fixed.