Asus GL702VM - Hotkeys and backlight no longer work, cant fix

Send your request for drivers, firmware, bios and utilities.
anita

Asus GL702VM - Hotkeys and backlight no longer work, cant fix

Post by anita »

Hi, at first glance someone could assume that there are a lot of solutions available for this problem, however none have worked so far.
I tried:
- reinstall drivers via the official ASUS website (ATK and firmware for keyboard KeyboardAdjustment)
- downgrade my "Asus Numpad" driver to a PIH keyboard driver only allows me to use the keyboard (otherwise my keyboard does not work anymore).
- Attempt to update Asus Numpad driver does not work = code 19 can not update corrupted device.
- Downgrade my Bios from version 310 to 306 to try to launch KeyboardAdjustment => Update fail.
- Reinstall the INTEL chipset.
- F2 at boot then F9 - F10 for reboot with Optimized Defaults - My advanced settings do not have a "function hotkeys" option.
- Remove devices and their drivers and restart the computer.
- Partial reset of the computer.
- Factory Reset.
- Complete reset.
Nothing works, after a reset of the computer my keyboard does not even work anymore because the PC installs the driver asus numpad by default which obviously makes my keyboard dysfunctional.
I thought I found hope with the following thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.p ... %2Fpage23=

But as it concerns a problem different from mine, I prefer not to touch it.
I contacted the ASUS support, apart from talking about restore point (I do not have any) and reset / reinstall drivers, they have no idea and I speak Chinese from the moment my problem takes more than 5 minutes to solve.

How it happened: Before yesterday I installed a SCPToolKit driver to emulate an Xbox controller with a Dualshock 3, I did not think and I think I delete a driver whose name is in the Scp window driver install "N-Key keyboard" (I have no more info). The PC sneezed and dropped me a BSOD before I smothered it to turn it on again with this keyboard problem that has since been irreducible.

Thank you in advance for reading and for the eventual assistance you will bring me.
roza

Post by roza »

Thank you for the solution!